Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

finder window not opening

Hi,

Lately when i click the finder icon in the dock, nothing happens, i have to right click it and click 'new finder window'

I have tried going to terminal and typing 'killall Finder; killall Dock' but that hasnt solved the problem either.

If i restart my mac then its ok for a while, but obviously i cant keep restarting my mac.

Im on OS 10.8.5

anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 2 x 2.66 GHZ Dual CoreIntel Xeon.....5GB Ram.

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 6:56 AM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2014 10:26 AM in response to elastic

Option key>Finder>Go>Library>Preferences. Trash the finder plist file, restart your computer and empty the trash. Please post back the results.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and press the Return key - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20110704093233123

Above authored by OT

============

Im on OS 10.8.5

Not according to your system profile: "Mac OS X (10.6.4)" Please correct/update your profile.

User uploaded file

finder window not opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.