Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AVI app has sound issue after updating to latest edition of soundflower

Three Days ago I had sound/input issues with my AVI Grandpiano app due to an outdated version of soundflower trying to compete with the latest updates of Grageband and Logic Pro X. After modifying my security settings to allow the update to go through I found the issues were resolved but a new one popped up. Now when I go to record or just play music I only get sound from the left speaker. It is only with the AVIGrandpiano app that this happens. Playback sounds normal.

Any Help would be appreciated. 🙂 😀

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Updated Garageband and Logic

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 11:06 AM

2 replies

Jan 30, 2014 4:58 PM in response to randallrs

Well...turns out the problem with the balance was only an issue with the other instruments on Garageband. Not the AVIGrandpiano App. The same problem is occurring as I originally stated above. The left speaker is only playing sound. However, after checking my troubleshoot in my M-Audio manuel I noticed as I was listening to the piano playback through the recording that the Treble notes were playing through the left speaker and the Bass was playing through the right speaker. So it seems there is a balance problem. I have not ajusted anything in my AVIGrandpiano app so if it was configured to play like this then it must have been some sort of default code this newest version of soundflower implamented.

Again any help is most welcome 🙂 😀 😉😕

AVI app has sound issue after updating to latest edition of soundflower

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.