Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I Network with my OPPO?

I have an OPPO-103 BluRay player that can be Network connected to my Mac to play music or display photos? I have set up file sharing, the OPPO sees my computer, but then asks for a Username and Password. I have tried entering several possiblilities but it will not accept them.

Has anyone connected an OPPO player with their Mac to stream media? If so, how did you set it up? Thanks.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), iOS 6.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 1:01 PM

3 replies

Jan 30, 2014 2:15 PM in response to Dr.Mac.

I would think that also, but that did not work. Probably that is correct, but acording to OPPO:

Unfortuantely in both cases SMB will not work since the SMB sharing for both devices are not compatible with the SMB 2.0 implementation in our player.

What you will want to do is use a third party DLNA server such as Playback (http://www.yazsoft.com/products/playback/) on your Mac to take advantage of your network shares.

I got it, ran the free Demo and it worked perfectly right away. Price for a 3-License pack is $15. Well worth it for the frustration I've had trying to get this to work.

Perhaps Apple could, someday, provide a similar server built into an OS release.

How can I Network with my OPPO?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.