Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help Menu in Applications

This Is more of Scratch my head thing. Although it continues with Mavericks, It has been an issue with the Help functions as long as I can remember in OSX. And seems to get worse with each new version of the OS.

I am in a application (doesn't make a difference what application. Whether finder or any application) I click in the help menu and type in the field. The computer sits and takes up to 5 minutes for anything to come up. If there is a choice for a Particular application (say for example Excel, or Acrobat, Adobe) there is no difference. I can remember in OS 9 and lower, when you typed in field, and the help would show up almost before finished typing. You'd think the Help would get Faster with the new technology.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 1:58 PM

Help in not local, so if you have a slow internet connection, help will be slow also.

9 replies

Feb 1, 2014 2:05 PM in response to Network 23

1. Click the little Snitch indicator in Finder menubar
  2. Click on show Rules
  3. In search bar type Help or Apple Help
  4. Will see an item show and item called HELPD
  5. In menubar for little snitch click on show Disabled
  6. A new collum appears with * showing in active rules.
  7. There may or may not be two items
  8. On theone that has 443 in the explaination click on the astericks
  9. Awarning will come up you are about to disable this rule.
  10. Click okay

If there is one listed that say open anything leave that one on.

Help Menu in Applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.