Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find my Apple TV underthe Airplay icon

I have a Apple TV hooked up to a TV at work, got wifi, logged into Itunes, netflixs, etc. The Apple TV is on the same Wifi network as my desktop, laptop and iphone yet no Icon Airplay Icon shows on my Iphone, Laptop and desktop each shows other Apple TV's on the network not mine. Any suggestions?

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 3:31 PM

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)

2. Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).

3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).

4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.

5. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)

6. Restart your mobile device.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2014 3:31 PM in response to rgigante

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)

2. Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).

3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).

4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.

5. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)

6. Restart your mobile device.

Can't find my Apple TV underthe Airplay icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.