Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 09 to iPad to Pages

Ok, so we all know, Apple really blew up Pages. I assumed this beautiful new app, with these awesome "added" features would make my work in Pages even better. I do bible studies using custom templates I have come up with. Works great and looks beautiful in Pages 09. I could work in it on my Mac. Then open and edit on my iPad when needed, and back and forth. Until I completed the task, opened in Good Reader from Pages (as a PDF) and away we went!

But now.

I edit in Pages 5, no wait. Bullet and Paragraph styles cant be linked. So all my templates, useless. And since it wont link a bullet list with a paragraph style, I have to revert back to Pages. But wait. I upgraded Pages on my iPad. Gasp. I wonder if, yes, wonder no more. When I edit the lesson on the iPad (which is also "broken" as we refer to it) then try to re-open on my Mac, shocker!! You need a newer version of Pages to open this doc!!

I didnt wanna have to, but I need someting I can roundtrip between my iPad and my Mac without getting ticked off, losing features, etc. Is there anything that will do that with Word?

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 3:44 PM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2014 4:03 PM in response to martusmedia

The medium of exchange between IOS 7 and Mavericks with Pages v5 is .docx. Here is how you do this. Substitute Good Reader for Adobe Reader below if you can. If this process flow does not work with Good Reader, then you will need to also install IOS Adobe Reader, which is tested and does allow the following:

1. In IOS Pages 2.n, with the documents displayed, tap the Share icon, and then select Open in Another App from the resultant menu.
  2. Select the document you want to send to the Mac.
    1. The Open in Another App window will slide up. Choose Word document format
    2. The Pages document is briefly converted to .docx. Select Choose App.
    3. Try Good Reader, otherwise Adobe Reader.
  3. The .docx file is now open in (Adobe Reader here).
    1. Choose the Share icon from the top toolbar
    2. E-mail Document
      1. To yourself on OS X
      2. Observe there is a .docx file attached
      3. Send
  4. Process e-mail attachment on OS X as usual
  5. Open in Pages (your choice of version)

Pages 09 to iPad to Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.