Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When on a secondary computer, itunes not recognizing all of the music in my playlists on my phone?

I'm connecting my phone (via lightning cable) to my computer at work (Windows 8). I open iTunes, select the iPhone tab (next to the iTunes Store tab in the upper right corner), and then select On This iPhone. My playlists come up, but when I click on them, they do not contain all of the songs as they appear on the playlists on my phone. For instance, one playlist has 403 songs on my iPhone, but only 390 songs when I pull up that same playlist through iTunes. How do I fix this? It's driving me nuts!!!!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 4:10 PM

4 replies

Feb 1, 2014 3:46 PM in response to diesel vdub

All of the music was acquired with the same Apple ID. And while I realize that I can play the music on my phone in a manner other than through the speakers on my computer, I guess I just like things to work the way they're supposed to. Plus, I'd rather not have to go out and buy a decent set of speakers when I already spent a sizeable amount of money on a computer with Dre Beats speakers.

Feb 1, 2014 6:14 PM in response to splainjane

Why do you believe that the way you are using iTunes is "the way it is designed to work"? Just my personal opinion, but it seems completely illogical. The iPhone is not a storage device.

Copying the songs from your personal computer to a flash drive or external USB drive, plugging that drive into the 2nd computer, and then playing the songs from there would be my expectation for how to take media with me to play. Or plugging in headphones or external speakers to the iPhone.

Of course the other option is to simply download the content (assuming it was purchased via iTunes) on the second computer.

There are multiple ways to make the intended results occur, none of which involve using the iPhone.

When on a secondary computer, itunes not recognizing all of the music in my playlists on my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.