Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud photos not on apple tv screensaver

Hi there -

I have ATV and had my iCloud photostream as my screensaver. For some reason, it isn't displaying any longer. All that shows is a blank screen when I try to preview or it starts. I've tried reloading/re-selecting my iCloud, logging out and in, and turned off the system multiple times. I don't see any new updates and can't figure out what's going on. Anyone know how to resolve this? Much appreciated...

Aslouie

AppleTV 2

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 4:39 PM

10 replies

Jan 30, 2014 7:09 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Hi Winston -

I can see my photos in the iCloud photos feature, but when I select slideshow or screensaver, the spinning wheel and "loading" gets displayed with a black blank screen. After a couple minutes, it just goes black altogether (which is what I would guess is the screensaver kicking in on my selected 2-minute start time). Not really sure what's going on here...Thanks for your help.

Aslouie

Feb 26, 2014 3:43 PM in response to Aslouie

I am a Mac Consultant - and I am seeing this happen on not only mine, but all of my clients AppleTv's - I have done restores - it then works for a while. But, just simply logging out of Icloud from Settings on AppleTv (not the store - but Icloud) Fixes the issue temporarily. Yet another Apple feature that is becoming sloppy and non-working in this new era of bug filled updates. Wish I could offer any better solutions to this maddening issue.

Jan 19, 2016 4:29 PM in response to Aslouie

Same problem here... ***! I've had this ATV3 sitting on a shelf for over a year and I finally decided to use it, and one of the main things I wanted it to do was display photos from our iCloud streams. It just won't work at all. I'll try the log out "fix" and see if it works for a while. But this is extremely disappointing.

Jan 20, 2016 8:39 AM in response to vanclute

Wow you can't even use the acronym of W T F in here? Jeez.

Anyway, I got it working. Turns out that there is a totally SEPARATE setting for iCloud Photos, that is shown under the iCloud menu option. After enabling iCloud Photos from there, my screensaver began actually displaying our photostreams.

This is easy to miss because it looks like everything you need is accessible right from the screensaver menu... after all it shows all your streams and how many photos are in each, right? But it wouldn't work until I did this extra step. Hope it helps someone!

icloud photos not on apple tv screensaver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.