Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MSVCR80.dll

I get this message when I try to start up Itunes. " The program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." We did reinstall but I keep getting this message. I am using Windows 7.

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 5:26 PM

2 replies

Apr 14, 2015 4:59 PM in response to Mike492

You need to uninstall and reinstall itunes.....when uninstall it uninstall itunes and it's components in order...I found out the hard way that that was important...if you go don't do it in order you could leave "pieces"....follow this http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

After you have itunes and the components uninstalled restart your computer then reinstall itunes

Jun 10, 2014 3:24 AM in response to Mike492

See also Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes (similar to the advice above) and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

MSVCR80.dll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.