Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi ac not fast

Hi everyone,

This week I bought my 3Tb timecapsule and my macbook pro model ME294LL/A.

I updated my timecapsule to 7.7.2 firmware version and my macbook pro to 10.9.1 OSX version.

I'm testing the wifi connection and I notice that this connections is not so fast.

My network configuration split in 2 wifis, on normal (2.4Ghz) and another highspeed (5.4Ghz).

The wifi configuration in my MBpro is:

User uploaded file

When I transfer a file with 3.3Gb from my timecapsule disk I got the maximun 26Mb/s and take more or less 3 minutes to transfer.

So, I've read that the normal on wifi ac is reach approximately 60Mb/s on transfer file.

Some tests reach about 100Mb/s.

I tried change channel, remove all computer from wifi and nothing, the same result.

My MBpro and my TC are on the same room, in exactly 1 meter from each otherm without anything blocking the signal.

There is some specif configuration to improve my speed using wifi ac?

Or it is a problem with MBpro or TC?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 6:12 PM

4 replies

Feb 7, 2014 9:09 AM in response to sidneivl

What alot of people do is forget to include the underline hardware in there calculations, Although the wireless is capable of transmitting faster, the processor, storage subsystem and USB 3.0 isnt capable of reading / writing the data as fast as the transmission rate, therefore you end up with far slower preformance than advertised.

I transfered from my MBA to my iMac and was able to get great speeds but when I introduce my MBP with a slow harddrive the speeds take a dump.

Sorry this isnt the answer your looking for but its the most probably cause of your preformance issue.

Good luck,

Dr. C.

wifi ac not fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.