Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Cancelling Sync

Okay, so this problem has been happening for a few months now.. and I've been patiently waitning for an update to iTunes to fix it. Yet, the updates haven't fixed anything and it's infuriating me.

So, when I sync my iPhone 5 (iOS 7), it syncs around 5-10 songs, then it just cancels. It should be noted that initially it synced about 400 of my 800 songs and then cancelled, so I have 400 of them, the others just won't sync.

I've tried resetting my phone settings, wiping it, reinstalling iTunes, etc.. Nothing seems to work. What else can I do?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

iPhone 5, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 7:08 PM

10 replies

Apr 14, 2014 7:36 AM in response to okBryan

I had this problem also. Some other attributes of the problem:

• My music's play count was being incorporated repeatedly on every sync attempt which led to the play counts increasing dramatically and incorrectly.
  • Couldn't add new music to my device.
  • Couldn't update other content types

ANYWAY, to solve this:

I restored my phone to factory settings with iOS7.1, then restored from my most recent backup (which I'd taken a short time before the restore process).

BEWARE that there's a risk while doing this for your content. At least one applicaction (Livescribe +) had it's data file corrupted after the restore. Though I have no way of knowing whether that was a consequence of this restoration or cooincidental.

24 hours later and I've been using the phone and everything is working fine. My sync's complete and my content is updating fine.

Jul 9, 2014 7:57 PM in response to Levin Chin

It was a time consuming process, just so you know, but I started adding albums individually instead of all at once, then when I added this one particular album...I would cancel the sync. So that let me know that something on that album was corrupted, then by adding songs one by one from that album, I found the corrupted song and deleted it. iTunes is my friend again! Like I said, it is a very time consuming process, but it is over now and I am glad to have my iTunes back! Lol

Jul 9, 2014 8:12 PM in response to Levin Chin

You can also add music to your iPod by dragging it from your Music Library tab at the top left...above your Devices section. When you are in your music library, just click and drag any one song you'd like to your connected iPod in "Devices". Once, I narrowed it down to the album, I added one song at a time and once I got the "Canceling sync" message I knew it was that song and deleted it. It takes time I know, but you will feel like an Apple Genius once you've found the culprit! Lol I hope this helps Levin!

iTunes Cancelling Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.