Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor 4.1 constantly crashing..

Hi everyone, first time poster so I hope I can explain this well!

Basic info: I have an iMac 27" from Late 2009 (2.8GHz i7, 12GB DDR3 RAM), and installed Final Cut Studio so I have FCP 7, Compressor 3.5, etc.

I downloaded the FCP X 10.1 trial to finally bite the bullet and learn the new program, and so far I'm liking it more than I thought I would.

Purchased Compressor 4.1 despite reading horrible reviews, but emailed Larry Jordan who assured me it works well if I only run 1 instance (which I don't know what that means exactly, read up on it a bit so I'm somewhat understanding what it is..)

All the bad reviews referred to the app crashing, but I hoped that wouldn't be the case for me but sure enough it crashes VERY frequently. Most recently when I would apply an action+compression setting to a video file then click on the outer portion of the file to access the job settings. It crashes 100% of the time.

I've been trying to read other threads and I heard very knowledgeable people mention apps such as App Zapper or FCS Remover. Do I need to completely remove and uninstall all the apps from my Final Cut Studio I got in 2009? Then uninstall Compressor 4.1 and reinstall it? Keep in mind I've never uninstalled a program before so I'm a neophyte when it comes to these types of things but I've been learning a lot every day so I'm not 100% new. I'm just a guy trying to learn video editing and reading/learning as much as I can every day!

Thank you sooooo much in advance to anyone who replies! Means a lot!

-Justin

Compressor, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 9:10 PM

2 replies

Compressor 4.1 constantly crashing..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.