Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 64-bit windows 7 pc and the newest update has caused itunes not to work. I tried a complete reinstall download and it gives me error 7 (windows error 126). Itunes will not work anymore.

I have a 64-bit windows 7 pc and the newest updated for itunes has caused my computer to not allow itunes to load and gives me error 7(windows error 126). Does anyone have any idea what to do about this error? My itunes will not open anymore.

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 10:12 PM

3 replies

Feb 3, 2015 4:14 AM in response to davidlf1964

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If you are running 64-bit Windows and the above steps haven't helped try installing the version of iTunes that can be downloaded from this support document. iTunes 12.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards)

tt2

I have 64-bit windows 7 pc and the newest update has caused itunes not to work. I tried a complete reinstall download and it gives me error 7 (windows error 126). Itunes will not work anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.