Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

please help me, i can't fix my GB :( "too many real instruments"

what should i do everytime i playback my vocal recording it says this project has too many real instrument, i've tried everything to optimizing GB performance but, it still stucks like that. i'm using Macbook Pro 13 inch late 2011 processor 2.4 GHz intel core i5 memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 software OS X 10.9.1 (Mavericks) and my GarageBand'11 6.0.5. please please help me, i really need to use my GB 😟

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 5:32 AM

i've tried everything to optimizing GB performance

Have you tried everything in this document? See:

GarageBand '11: Optimize GarageBand performance

Does it happen for each and every project or only for your recent project?

If it only happens for your current project, create a new project.

Where is your project stored? If it is on a slow external drive, a daisy-chaned drive, or network drive, move it to your internal drive.

And make sure you have plenty of free disk space. If other programs are running cuncurrently (Safai, Mail, iPhoto, iMovie, ...) quit them and restart the computer before you start working with GarageBand.

-- Léonie

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2014 5:32 AM in response to callistafani

i've tried everything to optimizing GB performance

Have you tried everything in this document? See:

GarageBand '11: Optimize GarageBand performance

Does it happen for each and every project or only for your recent project?

If it only happens for your current project, create a new project.

Where is your project stored? If it is on a slow external drive, a daisy-chaned drive, or network drive, move it to your internal drive.

And make sure you have plenty of free disk space. If other programs are running cuncurrently (Safai, Mail, iPhoto, iMovie, ...) quit them and restart the computer before you start working with GarageBand.

-- Léonie

Feb 3, 2014 4:14 AM in response to callistafani

Any drivers or plug in like what?

Like any VST plug-ins for additional instruments, sound fonts, etc.

"too many real instruments" again but "disk is too slow or system overload" i'm really stuck with this problem 😢

And did you move the project to your internal drive?

Move the project you are currently working on to your system drive, but make sure, your internal disk has at least 20GB of free space.

Check with the utility "Activity Monitor" (from applications > Utilities), if there is a problem with memory. Sometimes it happens that applications do not release the memory they are using. If you are seeing, that the memory used is the same as the available memory, then try to find out, which app is hogging all memory. Don't launch it again concurrently to GarageBand.

User uploaded file

you may also want to look at the "Disk" tab.

please help me, i can't fix my GB :( "too many real instruments"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.