Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nielsen Audio?

Hi,

I'm having a problem where my sound output will automatically change to something called Nielsen audio every minute or so, which mutes all sound, and there's no way to stop it. After a google search on Nielsen I found that it's some programme that tracks what you do online (sounds like a massive scam to sell your data to me). I've never installed anything to do with Nielsen, and there are no files on my laptop under the name Nielsen. The only way I can fix this problem is to restart my laptop is to restart every now and then which is a hastle I could do without.

Has anyone else had any similar problems, and if so is there a fix that's easier than reinstalling my OS?

I'm on a late 2010 Macbook Air running OSX 10.7.5.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 6:08 AM

2 replies

Nov 23, 2015 11:00 AM in response to Tomi Russell

I assume you've got this sorted now. I had the same problem after downloading software for Nielsen Net Panel - a company that does marketing research. For some reason which they haven't explained to me their software instals this audio device and becomes the default. I found that FaceTime stopped having sound after downloading their software. Looking into System Preferences-> Sound -> Output, I found their audio device and found I could not change back to the Internal Speakers. I deleted their software and immediately everything was OK again. I have no objection to them monitoring my internet usage, especially as they offer prizes (by lottery), but I am not re-installing their software unless they assure me that it won't affect my Mac

Nielsen Audio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.