Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home screen not restored properly after backup

I'm pretty sure I've gone about this the right way because in the past it has worked fine, but we've added a few more Apps to our devices and now the home screen layout doesn't get restored properly when using Apple Configurator (latest version).

• Supervised one iPad, installed Apps and arranged the home screen how we want it to be laid out.
  • Made a backup of that Supervised iPad.
  • Supervised the rest of the iPads and restored the backup we made of the one with the home screen arranged how we want it.
  • Randomly some Apps that were placed in a folder appear not on the home screen I placed it on but on a screen one swipe to the right, another folder appears on a home screen another swipe to the right!

The "Video" folder should be in the empty space in the bottom right of the first home screen.

Previously, before we had the maximum number of icons on the home screen whenever I retored a backup to the devices they would be in the correct places, but not any more.

Any ideas?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (17-inch), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 16GB RAM

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 7:12 AM

2 replies

Home screen not restored properly after backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.