Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone and IPad simultaneously getting to SpringBoard process crash

Something very strange is happening on both my IPhone 4 and IPad 3, simultaneously on both devices and without any action from my side. It happened already twice and it is very inconvenient as it is making both devices unavailable for several hours. After this period all turns back to normal without any action from my side. This is something that I believe is very critical as I am traveling a lot for work and not having the phone available when needed abroad is more than just a nuisance.

Here are the symptoms:

1) both devices simultaneously start showing the home screen alternating every 10 seconds with the apple logo on black background.

2) both devices emits a low frequency sound similarly to a Bip when the Apple logo appears;

3) Both devices get warm showing high level of energy consumption; this of course consumes the battery faster then usual;

4) on both devices when the home screen is shown it is possible to operate normally, but only for 10 seconds, in fact when the apple logo appears the action done is actually cancelled and the home screen appears again locked.

5) The problem happened already twice. The first time in December the second time today.

At the Apple store I was suggested to reset the devices. I am happy I did not as after several hours simultaneously again both devices started to work fine again, just with the battery much lower than before the event.

In the diagnostics Of both devices I noticed that the same process crashed multiple times (around 300 times). The process is named SpringBoard.

Anyone is able to suggest a way to avoid this serious issue again in the future?

Everything happened after I upgraded to IOS 7.0.4 on both devices.

The curious thing is that my wife as an IPhone 5 and an IPad 2 with the same IOS version (updated the same evening) but the problem is not happening to her.

Thanks to anyone able to identify the root cause.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4, it happens also the IPad 3

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 7:34 AM

There are no replies.

IPhone and IPad simultaneously getting to SpringBoard process crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.