Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I log out my Apple ID from every device ?

How do I log my Apple ID out from every device ?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2017 9:39 AM

I just want to be logged into my Apple ID how do I log others out

9 replies

Feb 1, 2014 9:07 AM in response to Antonate

Hello Antonate,

Here are two ways to manage the devices associated with your Apple ID.

For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Computer: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

"I'd like to remove unused devices or computers, associated with my Apple ID."

"I'm not sure which devices or computers are currently associated with my Apple ID."

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID by choosing Store > Sign In from the iTunes menu.
  3. Choose Store > View My Account from the iTunes menu.
  4. From the Account Information screen, click Manage Devices.
  5. Click the Remove button next to the device name you would like to unassociate.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4627

Computers Only, not iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch

"I tried to authorize my computer, but it says I have five (5) computers authorized."

"I don't even know which computers I've authorized in the past."

"I do not have those computers anymore."

Deauthorize all computers

1. Open iTunes and click iTunes Store.
  2. Click Sign In and enter your Apple ID.
  3. Click your Apple ID and select Account.
  4. Click Deauthorize All.
    The Deauthorize All button appears only if you have more than two authorized computers.

You can only do this once a year.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1420

Good luck and have a great day! 🙂

P.S. This question ideally belongs on the Apple Support Community > iTunes > iTunes Store community board.

Sep 12, 2017 9:03 AM in response to Cazanah

What if I've already deauthorized my computers once this year and I can't deauthorize until a certain date? Yet, I still need to remove my account from a work computer? I am on leave and work in IT and don't want other getting into my account. People I work with definitely can access things on my work computer and I don't want them seeing personal info on my synced apps i.e. "notes" "iCloud". How do I log out of those apps from a different computer or device? I need to have no trace of my personal info on that work computer now.

Thanks for any help.

Nov 5, 2016 3:03 PM in response to Kellyc2

He, or you, can log out of your account on his device by tapping on it in Settings > iTunes & App Store, and if relevant Settings > FaceTime, Settings > Messages and Settings > iCloud > Sign Out

Anything downloaded by your account on his device is permanently tied to your account - if you want to completely remove your account from the device you will need to delete any of your content from it (only your account can download updates to your apps, and also only your account can do in-app purchases in them)

How do I log out my Apple ID from every device ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.