Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing an iphoto library

Hi, with Iphoto '11 v9 I shared my photo library (65k photo's) with other Macs in my home network. So like you can do with your music living in Itunes.

But since Iphoto v9.5 it seems that Apple removed this great feature and that sharing is now only possible by icloud (having limited space and latency).

Any ideas how I can still share my Iphoto library without moving the library on a shared disc or sharing it (or subsets) by icloud ?!

Thanks,

Bertrand!

Iphoto v9.5

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 9:34 AM

You can't

Those are the choices currently

tell Apple your thoughts - iPhoto menu ==> provide iPhoto feedback

LN

7 replies

May 5, 2015 3:21 AM in response to Bertrand!

I have the same problem since updating the Photo section of my MacPro. In order to send someone a photo, I had to export it to my Finder Documents, rename it (for ID) and then save. Only then could I bypass iCloud and send it as an attachment to an email.

This is outrageous! Apple is trying to sell more iCloud space!

Complaints should be unrelenting!

May 5, 2015 10:45 AM in response to Jean N

Only when it masquerades as a tantrum, apparently. I suggest the fact that you don't know how to do something is not quite the same as saying it's not possible. If you ask a question coherently, detailing what exactly you're trying to do, you might get help. Start by telling us which of the many 'mail choices' there are, is greyed out for you.

May 5, 2015 10:49 AM in response to Jean N

With the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what system are you running?
  • are you runnning iPhoto or Photos?
  • if iPhoto what version are you using?
  • what email client are you wanting to use?
  • what fixes have you tried?
  • where is your library located?
  • did you apply any updates or upgrades just prior to the problem occurring?
  • are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?
  • what type of Mac?
  • how much free space on your boot drive?

User uploaded file

Sharing an iphoto library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.