Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replaced once already before TSB was issued? Still covered? Did having AppleCare extend coverage?

So to make a long story short. In relation to TS4088:

My 15" Mid-2010 was purchased in late September of 2010 with 3-year AppleCare. Issue began presenting itself in Summer of 2012; after multiple trips to Apple Store etc and finally an email to consumer relations they replaced the board under my AppleCare protection in October of 2012 (or thereabout). They had no knowledge of the TSB (so I assume it hadn't been filed yet).

My question is, does the fact I purchased 3-year AppleCare extend this coverage? My initial assumption is no since Service Plans typically run Parallel to the MFG; if not then what good was it to purchase if they'd eventually extend the base coverage for this issue to 3 years anyway? Obviously it covered the first repair which I'm perfectly cool with; it just seems like it wasn't worth it to an extent since I could have just gotten it fixed under the TSB when it came out. Though I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth and was more curious than anything.

My other question is; does this 3-year extend to the replacement boards themselves? Since my replacement board just recently started having the same issues, in fact WORSE than it was when I initially had it replace. It took me 30 minutes of Power Cycling, SMC resetting etc to even get the display to turn on. Even then it wouldn't even stay active long enough to get into the OS. So since the logic board was replaced less than a year and a half ago, and is now exhibiting these symptoms again would it likely be covered?

I plan on trying to get in to an Apple Store for them to check it out but figured I would ask here first. Thanks!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9), TS4088

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 9:20 AM

There are no replies.

Replaced once already before TSB was issued? Still covered? Did having AppleCare extend coverage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.