Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to back up my iPhone 4s on a Windows 8.1 computer.

I am trying to back up my iPhone 4S onto my windows 8.1 computer, but the back up file is corrupted, because the computer had issues during one of the back ups. I need to delete the back up file and create a new one, but I don't know my way around windows 8.1. Can anyone help me locate the file, so that I can delete it? I also cannot get the wifi sync to set up, but that is secondary to this problem. Thanks for any help that can be offered.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 11:03 AM

The backup location (per http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4946 ) is shown below:

Where are iTunes backups stored on your computer

The folder where your backup data is stored depends on the computer's operating system. Make sure the backup folder is included in your data-backup routine. iTunes places the backup files in the following places:

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
    The "~" represents your Home folder. If you don't see Library in your home folder, hold Option and click the Go menu.
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, and choose Run. Type %appdata% and click OK.
  • Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    To quickly access the AppData folder, click Start. In the search bar, type %appdata% and press Return.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2014 11:03 AM in response to EdHager77

The backup location (per http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4946 ) is shown below:

Where are iTunes backups stored on your computer

The folder where your backup data is stored depends on the computer's operating system. Make sure the backup folder is included in your data-backup routine. iTunes places the backup files in the following places:

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
    The "~" represents your Home folder. If you don't see Library in your home folder, hold Option and click the Go menu.
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, and choose Run. Type %appdata% and click OK.
  • Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    To quickly access the AppData folder, click Start. In the search bar, type %appdata% and press Return.

Jan 31, 2014 12:53 PM in response to FoxFifth

I found the folder, but there were subfolders there, which had a bunch of other files. I deleted both subfolders, not knowing what I was doing, and then it couldn't find the phone. After that, I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, and poof, it worked again! Thanks for getting me at least to the point of making it do something else, so that I can get a direction and find the fix.

Trying to back up my iPhone 4s on a Windows 8.1 computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.