Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email app not opening on iphone 5?

whenever i try to open the email app on my iphone, it expand to fill the screen, but then flashes back to the home screen before it loads. the app does start running and i can see it in the list of open apps, but it's a white screen and it always takes me straight back to the home screen when i tap on it.

i still get notifications from the app - it's still picking up the emails, notifications come at the top of the screen telling me what the email is, and there's a badge on the app, but i just can't open it to actually read the emails.

the first thing i did was restart my iphone, but that didn't help. i then tried a hard restart, but still nothing changed. any help?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 10:27 AM

Back up and restore via iTunes. If the problem continues, restore as a new device and test. If the problem is solved, there is some kind of corruption in your backup file. If it continues, take it to an Apple store for evaluation of a possible hardware problem.

8 replies

Jul 30, 2014 10:06 PM in response to AmishCake

I restored from iCloud backup, and everything seems fine - email is back and working.

Thanks very much!

Only problem is it looks like it left almost all my iPhone's music up in the Cloud - all 21GB of it. I sure hope there's an easy way to initiate a collective download onto the phone. I guess I can just reload it all manually (I don't sync it) but that's kind of a pain.

email app not opening on iphone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.