Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s yellow tint in camera roll

I got a new 5s over the holidays specifically because I wanted a better phone camera before our new baby comes. However, my phone takes REALLY yellow photos. Even when I try to color correct, they are significantly yellowed. I downloaded the Photoshop app, and the simple act of opening a photo in Photoshop fixes the yellow tint, even without applying any filters or color correction. Can anyone help? I'm happy to have at least a temporary solution, but having to consistently edit every photo I take with my phone seems redundant. Especially when this seems to be some issue with the camera or camera roll?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 10:47 AM

2 replies

Jan 31, 2014 11:08 AM in response to rachelesther

Ok, so I figured it out.... I must have selected a filter in my camera roll at some point, and it just kept taking pictures with that filter. I think it's REALLY dumb that the default isn't NO FILTER. Plus, there's no batch edit, so I've got over 100 photos with yellow tint that I have to fix one at a time. *sigh* Anyway, I thought I'd post the resolution for anyone else having the same problem I did who might be searching for an answer.

iPhone 5s yellow tint in camera roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.