Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download Mavericks installer on recent Mac. "OS Mavericks cannot be installed on this computer", which is running 9.1.

I want to download the Mavericks installer so I have a backup installer that does not require the internet. Although, the App Store button allows me to download, I get a message that Mavericks cannot be installed on this computer.

Computer is late 2013 retina MBP 13" with lots of memory.

My OS is 10.9.1 (13B3116) currently running.

Is the App Store version of Mavericks too old (jan 16) for my rMBP?

Rick

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 11:12 AM

4 replies

Jan 31, 2014 2:30 PM in response to Rick Llewellyn

Judging by the build number, it appears you have a special build of Mavericks installed and the App Store version (13B42) won't work with your computer.

Kappy - if I try to download Mavericks I get the message below, so apparently I can down load it again?

User uploaded file

I also have a copy of the installer in my Applications folder, although it is in a folder.

Can't download Mavericks installer on recent Mac. "OS Mavericks cannot be installed on this computer", which is running 9.1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.