Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have songs I downloaded and paid for but are not playing in my iTunes.

I paid for some songs to download but now they aren't playing in iTunes. They still show up in the list but won't play. I don't have the email proof that I purchased the songs.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 12:54 PM

5 replies

Jan 31, 2014 1:08 PM in response to Shellea

Are they still in your country's store, and do they show in the Purchased tab in the iTunes store app on your phone for redownloading, or if using your computer's iTunes the Purchased link under Quicklinks on the right-hand side of the store home page ? Whether music will show there will depend upon what country that you are in (music can't be redownloaded in all countries), whether they are still in your country's store (any item could be removed by the rights-holder at any time), and whether they are hidden (hiding and unhiding) - if they show but don't have the cloud symbol for redownloading then are they still listed in your device/computer's library ?

(These are user-to-user forums, you're not talking to iTunes Support nor Apple, and you are only guaranteed one download of each item.)

Jan 31, 2014 11:42 PM in response to Shellea

You don't get refunds if a song, or any other item, is removed the store - you are only guaranteed one download of each item, it is you responsibility to back up your content.

But if they have the cloud symbol then they are still in the store. Where exactly are you seeing them with the cloud symbol, on your phone (Music app or Purchased tab in the App Store app) or your computer's iTunes (music part of your library or Purchased link) ? You should be able to redownload them via the Purchased links - what happens when you try that ?

I have songs I downloaded and paid for but are not playing in my iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.