Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I play The Sims Complete Collection without PowerPC applications being supported?

So I downloaded Mavericks a while ago after my friend told me it was a really good idea. I hated almost everything about it to start with and since then I've found I don't hate everything but still a lot of things. I was on Snow Leopard before and, even though it was old, it was lovely; I knew where I was with it and everything worked.

Today I went to play The Sims Complete Collection for the first time since downloading Mavericks a few months ago and it told me 'You can't open the application "The Sims Complete because PowerPC applications are no longer supported." I am SO ANGRY. I would quite happily buy the game again but they don't make them anymore so they'd all have the same system requirements. What's most frustrating is that I sold all my original edition Sims games that I'd been collecting for years to buy Complete Collection for Mac so I could still play the game I've played since the week it was released. Basically I need someone to tell me how to do one of these things;

1- Downgrade to Snow Leopard again. Bit extreme but I like the Sims a lot. I have the original discs that came with my macbook if that helps at all.

2- Don't think it can be done but is there a way I could have my Sims Complete Collection on my EA origins app? Like all my Sims 3 are.

3- Make PowerPC Applications playable

4- Basically anything that makes my game playable!

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 12:48 PM

There are no replies.

How can I play The Sims Complete Collection without PowerPC applications being supported?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.