Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I had trouble with my itunes update, I now can't burn a cd. it says disc burner or software not found! Help

Can anyone help me with my problem. I can't burn CDs anymore since I updated my iTunes.

I first had to uninstall and then reinstall iTunes to get it to work. NOW I can't burn CD's!

iPad, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 1:40 PM

3 replies

Feb 2, 2014 12:25 PM in response to bygrace

Hello bygrace,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

Can't burn a CD in iTunes for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1436

iTunes for Windows: Additional troubleshooting tips for burning issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1374

Try other software

Use good blank discs

Check for software updates

Check for firmware updates

Check hardware configuration

Check drive audio cable

Remove iPod and test

Best of luck,

Mario

Feb 3, 2014 8:57 AM in response to bygrace

I have the same question. I also had trouble with the update. Had to uninstall, reinstall all Apple Components. I was finally able to get iTunes on my computer now, but can't burn anything. I was able to before I installed the update. This is not a computer issue because I am able to use my burners in another program. I've already spent 2 hours trying to get iTunes to work after the update, so I'm going to wait for a response before going further. Thank you! Rebecca

Feb 6, 2014 8:36 PM in response to bygrace

Same issue. Uninstalled iTunes...reinstalled iTunes...still no ability to burn cd's. Got the same error msg as twinklestar1070, disc burner or software not found. Shared my iTunes count with a new computer, uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes for a 2 nd time send still could not burn. Aargh...there is no solution that has solved this issue yet.

After I had trouble with my itunes update, I now can't burn a cd. it says disc burner or software not found! Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.