Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep deleting voice mails and they come back! what do I do?

I have tried several times to delete the messages in my iPhone. I delete them from the deleted file and they keep coming back. How do I stop this?

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 2:02 PM

Hello Leah921,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

iPhone: Troubleshooting voicemail

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4430

1. Restart your iPhone.
  2. Check for a carrier settings update.
  3. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  4. Ensure that your voice mailbox is set up properly. You can verify this by dialing your phone number from your iPhone.
  5. Make sure that you have a good cellular network connection. You can verify this by seeing whether you can make an outgoing call.
  6. Call your iPhone from another phone and attempt to leave yourself a voicemail.
  7. Reset your network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  8. Contact your carrier and ensure your iPhone is properly configured with the voicemail feature on your plan.

Best of luck,

Mario

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2014 2:02 PM in response to Leah921

Hello Leah921,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

iPhone: Troubleshooting voicemail

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4430

1. Restart your iPhone.
  2. Check for a carrier settings update.
  3. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  4. Ensure that your voice mailbox is set up properly. You can verify this by dialing your phone number from your iPhone.
  5. Make sure that you have a good cellular network connection. You can verify this by seeing whether you can make an outgoing call.
  6. Call your iPhone from another phone and attempt to leave yourself a voicemail.
  7. Reset your network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  8. Contact your carrier and ensure your iPhone is properly configured with the voicemail feature on your plan.

Best of luck,

Mario

Jun 25, 2014 9:59 AM in response to OSX-Wizard

I have read a few posts to this issue and it seems that it is not one carrier that is having the problem. ATT, Verizon and Sprint. At least 3 carriers having the same problem with one or more Apple ios. The same forum has been going on for 4 years. There is reasonable doubt that it is not just a carrier issue. Either way, it is frustrating not to be able to simply delete the messages. Sprint's response was simple, "It is an Apple problem, call them".

Read the link:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5327914?start=60&tstart=0

I keep deleting voice mails and they come back! what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.