Skip navigation

Can't find most of my music!

204 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2014 9:44 AM by Michael Allbritton RSS
ShellsTN Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 31, 2014 2:40 PM

iTunes match uploaded none of the music from my Mac Pro, which is where most of my albums are stored.  I am not even close to the limit, the computer is authorized, match is turned on, etc.  What possibly could cause this?  I did just download Mavericks--could that be it?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)
  • Michael Allbritton Level 6 Level 6 (16,140 points)
    Jan 31, 2014 11:34 PM (in response to ShellsTN)

More details, please. What do you mean iTunes Match "uploaded none of the music from" your MBP?

Feb 1, 2014 6:35 AM (in response to ShellsTN)

First things first: in iTunes enable the iCloud status column and tell us what the status is for some of the tracks that are not showing up on the other devices. Enable the column by pulling down View > View Options and selecting "iCloud Status" then closing the small window.

FYI, iTunes Match is only for music (and music videos purchased from the iTunes Store). Podcasts are not supported.

• mauijiminar Level 4 Level 4 (1,605 points)
    Feb 1, 2014 8:21 AM (in response to Michael Allbritton)

All my music will show up via I tunes match on IOS devices and my mac air ,but will not show up on my imac desktop.  I can not figure out why

Feb 3, 2014 9:44 AM (in response to ShellsTN)

Good. Glad you got it (mostly) sorted out.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.