Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iMac 27' late 2013 doesn't recognize my magic mouse, as magic mouse.

the mouse working and connecting by bluetooth, but his feature (fingers stuff) dosen't work.

something weird change since it's happend, while the icon of the mouse shows on the screen when it's connect change to the usb mouse shape and not like the magic mouse.

from my impresstion, it's seems the imac recognzie that there is mouse connected, but not the type of the mouse.

check out the attchtment pic.

User uploaded file

i tried already to PRAM RESET

and SMC RESET

both didn't effect.

im lost.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 2:53 PM

8 replies

Feb 1, 2014 2:12 AM in response to Strawb268

Ofcurse, and since I have had that issue, even the settings change.

Let me make it clear:

I have trackpad n Magic Mouse. When I'm get on the trackpad setting, I have the option of the fingers stuff with short clip that show u the effect of ur finger.

I had that too with my mouse, but since the feautre stop work, the mouse settings change and it's doesn't display me the function that usually available with Magic Mouse. I will take a screen shot to explain better.

Feb 1, 2014 3:02 AM in response to lironfromra'anana

Ok, I am just trying to check out the obvious first. Do not think I am treating you as stupid.

As you correctly say, the Mouse settings in System Preferences change depending on what kind of mouse you have.

It does appear as if the driver for the Magic Mouse has somehow been corrupted. The most common cause is

due to third-party mouse drivers. Do you have a third-party mouse driver installed (for another pointing device, or even a generic USB input handler)? If so, uninstall these options and restart the system, and the Magic Mouse settings should reappear.

If you DON'T have any third party driver installed, then this is a web page that gives further advice:

http://lex1963.home.xs4all.nl/mm/Magic_Mouse_troubles/Main.html

Try reinstalling the Magic Mouse update from here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl951

Hope this helps.

Feb 1, 2014 3:54 AM in response to Strawb268

haha Strawb268 my dear,

the opposite is the truth, i deeply appricate your patiente to help me!

i just wanted to make my prroblem more clear to u, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

back to the problem my dear, i guess steve jobs sol felt me and solve my problem. dunno, i just woke up this morning and i wanted to take a screen shot to show the mouse settings change and for that, you have to connect the mouse, so i turnd it on and boom, everything back to normal and work perfectly.

important to say: yesterday i did PRAM & SMC reset. well, yesterday it's didnt effect, but today mornnig as i said, everything back to normal.

THANKS EVERYONE THAT TRIED TO HELP ME, AND THANKS APPLE!

LOVE THIS COMPANY!

my iMac 27' late 2013 doesn't recognize my magic mouse, as magic mouse.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.