Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes don't sync properly via iTunes

For personal reasons I don't want to sync my notes via the iCloud. But since the latest upgrades to ios Notes will not sync via iTunes. Has anyone else had this experience. The guidance given by Apple support isn't accurate anymore - namely ->"If you want to sync notes with iTunes instead of using the over-the-air feature, disable Notes sync for the account using Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars or Settings > iCloud". It's in iCloud, but not an option in mail.

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 4:01 PM

1 reply

Feb 3, 2014 4:32 PM in response to kg4211

I have a similar problem. With the latest update to iTunes, every time I sync my phone with Notes via iTunes, I get a random update of Notes content. I've tried changing the data in my phone and syncing. I've tried changing the data in Notes and syncing. Either way, I get my Notes replaced by a very old backup. I have had to disable all Notes syncing so I do not lose any more data. Extremely frustrating.

Notes don't sync properly via iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.