Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture and "Save for Web"

I am building a web site to share photographs of paintings by a particular artist. My designer says I should use PSE to save the photos specifically for the web. I would rather get Aperture because I don't do compositing, layering or any of that stuff, but I could use the cataloguing features of Aperture. I do need a good "save for web feature," however. Does it have one?

Thanks.

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 2:33 AM

Aperture has optimized web exports for some common "Sharing" site - Flickr, Facebook, Shared Photo Streams.

If you need a special "Save for Web" preset, you can easily define one for yourself.

When you export the edited image version to a folder, set the "Export preset" to edit and add your own preset. You can define the desired image format (jpeg, tiff, ...), the pixelsize, the jpeg quality, and pick one of the web color profiles. Save the custom export preset with a new name for future use.

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2014 2:33 AM in response to Paul Spillenger

Aperture has optimized web exports for some common "Sharing" site - Flickr, Facebook, Shared Photo Streams.

If you need a special "Save for Web" preset, you can easily define one for yourself.

When you export the edited image version to a folder, set the "Export preset" to edit and add your own preset. You can define the desired image format (jpeg, tiff, ...), the pixelsize, the jpeg quality, and pick one of the web color profiles. Save the custom export preset with a new name for future use.

User uploaded file

Feb 1, 2014 6:58 AM in response to Paul Spillenger

Aperture is _terrific_ as a back-end store and catalog of an artist's works. I think you'll be pleased.

Note that you can add a watermark to your exports, and that this information is part of the Image Export Pre-set. Watermarking in Aperture is still a bit clunky, though. Once you are familiar with Aperture, you will want to get the BorderFX plug-in (and send some beer money to the programmer). This gives you extensive options for adding borders and text and watermarks to your exports. It becomes, in effect, a family of "Image Export Pre-sets".

Note, too, that there is usually no reason to save the "Web-ready" files in Aperture. You can always re-make them. Aperture functions as a conduit for making fully-adjusted image files from digital camera data files. Once you make the share-able image files to the specifications the recipient needs, you should send them along and delete them.

Aperture and "Save for Web"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.