Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pro vs Air for high school?

Hi, I'm currently in year 10 and my new school has a 'bring your Own device' program. Im considering the MacBook Pro or Air but am undecided. I like the fact th air is light, as I will have to carry it around. I also need a long battery life, for school. I want to be able to do my research and school work and well as social things like Facebook and music etc. I'm leaning more to the air but the more I read around the more confused I get. I would like to be able to use it until I finish school, maybe even into university years. Any advice on which to choose would be muchly appreciated!

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 7:25 PM

1 reply

Jan 31, 2014 8:53 PM in response to TazmichelleR

either one is fine for high school. it's a personal preference at this point. however, if you have some idea what you would like to major in when you go to college/university-then which one you chose may make a difference. For example, a base model Air would be fine for an English major, but a base model Air would be inappropriate for someone majoring in Architecture or Engineering.

Pro vs Air for high school?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.