Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

because the new MagSafe is stiffer?

Hello, I tell my concerns, I purchased a MacBook Pro Mid 2012 13 pulgadas new, previously had a Late 2008 15" with the famous MagSafe "T" and the truth the cable was good and could fold and regain his form to put it right, the new shape of "L" cable is almost as hard plastic and I feel it rolling it out to spoil, this is due to? or is it because the cable is new?

From now Thanks for responding.

PD: sorry for my bad English, I'm from Argentina

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Mid-2012

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 8:24 PM

6 replies

Jan 31, 2014 8:42 PM in response to TomasPena56

Yes, your original post is a bit unclear... and your question?

User uploaded file

Careful with your charger and its cable

Do not make any hard bends or folds in your charging cable, or wind it tightly, always make either circles or loose loops when winding your cord up for storage. Also do not, as many people have seen, unroll your charger block from the magsafe end by letting the charger drop and unroll itself like a yo-yo, this is both hard on the charger and its connection points at both ends.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1630

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Jan 31, 2014 8:54 PM in response to TomasPena56

you dont bend it on purpose, you wrap it in loose circles and loops, see above info.

new cable covering is rubber, the older is PVC which is stiffer.

you could buy a replacement cable anywhere if you broke it actually, and an electronics place could solder on a new one, ....I myself have done that for others.

Its hard to break the magsafe connector, and if you do, replacing it off ebay is easy.

You can order a Charger off ebay if you broke it from Brazil, or Columbia etc.

you can get them in Argentina to order as well.

why worry?

because the new MagSafe is stiffer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.