Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I know if I have ios ? My phone is version 4 Iphone

I have had my phone about 2-4 years, I am totally frustrated because I do not know how to update. there is always another step before I can do the update, now it says I don't have enough space, they want you to buy apps and then they want me to take them off so an update can be done? Also the apps constanly need updating, is this normal? I am 68years old and my children get frustrated with me because I do not know how to do what they do on the phone. I have learned to take notes on one sheet, but I do not make individual notes because I am not sure I will find them, for me the note is a list I can refer to. I have learned to add phone numbers, but not automatically when someone calls. I also can not figure out how to send a text to a person instead of calling. if they send me a text I just reply, but I have a granddaughter who likes texting better, and I would like some help on how to resolve these issues because I need some brownie points with my family and I think I am not getting calls on my phone as a result of this problem. I have tried 3 times to update.

I do not know which operating system I have

iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 9:45 PM

Check Settings > General > About > Version

That will tell you what version iOS you are currently running.

3 replies

Feb 1, 2014 2:49 AM in response to varose

Hello

http://support.apple.com/manuals/

If you go to the above link you will find the manual for iPhone in the bottom left-hand corner and this will help you with creating contacts and text messages.

For upgrading your phone, the only other way than deleting apps is to contact it to your PC and open iTunes. Once your phone it quoted on the left tool bar select it then press the upgrade button

Hope this helps

Kay

how do I know if I have ios ? My phone is version 4 Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.