Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone4 ios7.0.4 restored to factory settings itself??

My iphone 4 turned off then when switched on wanted connected to iTunes to switch on so after I performed this task my phone automatically went back to factory settings as a new phone.... Is there anyway I can recover my 2,500 odd pics and hundreds of videos from over the past 2 years?? And according to my phone I have no back up on iCloud even tho it was full also...?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 12:01 AM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2014 2:00 AM in response to PaStOrE72

In settings - iCloud at the bottom select Storage & Backup. If iCloud Backup is turned off then it will not show a last back up any more. It will only back up to iTunes on your computer. Turn iCloud Backup back on and you will see when it last backed up. If you then return to the previous screen you will see the backup status of the apps that backup to iCloud. If they are off then turn them back on. If it asks you you can merge the backup with your current contacts which preserves both what is on iCloud and on your phone.

Interestingly this morning my wife had lost everything off her phone and all of those settings had been turned off, but we have no idea how.

Fortunately, if you close your phone and plug it in overnight the iCloud backup process appears to work well. However beware of running an app overnight such as an alarm clock, as then your phone is not sleeping and will not back up.

iphone4 ios7.0.4 restored to factory settings itself??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.