Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated Projects that used Color Assist Cause FCPX to Crash

Hi All,

After it's release I used Technicolor's now defunct and unsupported Color Assist software to grade a couple of projects. I've recently upgraded those project and events for use with 10.1. The projects and events appear in the browser but show a missing pugin warnning me that Color Assist isn't available.

I'm not worried about retreiving the grade - my loss thanks to Technicolor. I would however like to somehow preserve the project intact for re-grading later.

I've tried removing the Color Assist folder from the Project folder prior to performing an upgrade but no dice, FCPX still crashes.

I'm sure the solution must only involve trashing the right render folders to wipe out any trace of Color Assist from the project. Anyone know which render files/folders I need to trash?

Many thanks!

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 12:18 AM

1 reply

Updated Projects that used Color Assist Cause FCPX to Crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.