Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 100 percent CPU

I am running Itunes and my CPU is running at 100% also when trying to go onto the iTunes Store it just says "accessing iTunes Store" and hangs there. There was an update available so I tried to update which resulted in getting an error when installing saying that MSVCR80.dll was missing. I then uninstalled itunes following all the steps removing :

Itunes

Apple Software Update

Apple Mobile Device Support (if this won't uninstall press on)

Bonjour

Apple Application Support

I downloaded the latest version of Itunes and installed it. I still have the same problem. I then tried using command prompt and netsh winsock reset. Restarting the computer but this hasn't helped either. I then tried Autoruns from Microsoft Website to see if there was any other programs using Winsock, but the only one that is showing is Bonjour.

Please can anyone help? I'm running out of ideas

I am running itunes on Windows XP SP3. I've only just started to get this problem and I haven't installed anything new for a while (not counting itunes-which I only updated to try and fix the problem)

Itunes Windows XP SP3

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 4:06 AM

There are no replies.

Itunes 100 percent CPU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.