Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding email contacts to iPad email

Hi - I'm helping my dad set up his iPad and although his contacts have come across, his email contacts (from btinternet) haven't come across into his iPad email. I've looked in the btinternet settings on the iPad for his mail setup, and there's no option to include contacts.

I've exported his btinternet contacts on to his PC - but can anyone tell me how to import them into the iPad?

Also - if I sync these with his existing contact list (which is just phone numbers), will that overwrite it?

Thanks v much!

iPad, iOS 7.0.2, iPad Air

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 5:56 AM

1 reply

Feb 1, 2014 6:42 AM in response to DavidMDaley24

You should be able to merge the contacts from the PC with the contacts on the iPad when you sync this information from the info tab of iTunes. You have to import his contacts into an address book on the PC (sorry, I'm not a Windows user) and then you can sync them from that address book into the contacts app on the iPad.

This information was copied from the website linked below.

Additional Information

The first time you sync the Info tab with your iOS device, you'll be asked if you want to merge data, replace data on the service, or replace the data on your computer from the following applications:

• Mac: Address Book, iCal, Microsoft Entourage, or Microsoft Outlook 2011
  • PC: Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Addressbook (XP), and Windows Contacts (Vista and Windows 7)

Learn more about syncing your device with your computer or see the user's guide.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386

Adding email contacts to iPad email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.