Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Assistant won't restart my MBPR late 2013 into Windows 8 installer?

So, After many failed attempts of installing Windows 8 64-bit, I restored my laptop to its original state and got rid of all partitions that were created and restored them to one big SSD.

Now, If i try to install Windows 8 through bootcamp after setting up the USB installer the assistant restarts the laptop but the laptop does not go into the installation screen for Windows 8.

I know i can manually intervene to start from the USB but I have an issue where If I intervene to install Windows 8 perfectly, when I boot into the perfectly installed Windows 8 my laptop keyboard and trackpad will not function and i will be stuck in the personilisation screen of Windows 8 set up.

I have tried plugging in my Razer Blackwidow Ulrimate keyboard but the keyboard did not work.

I called Apple support team and they told me to let Bootcamp Assistant to do its work and to not intervene.

Problem is that if I dont intervene I just cant install Windows 8 properly as the partition Bootcamp Assistant creates is not able to hold the Windows 8 OS and I will have to format it.

To install Windows 8 perfectly into working condition until the Personilisation screen I used the following guide written by someone in the forums:

1. Create USB stick using Apple Bootcamp Assistant. This procedure only works with it.
  2. When it Bootamp assitant reboots your machine you need to interrupt the installation.
  3. When you hear the startup sound, hold option until it presents you with login options.
  4. Select your Macintosh HD to boot back into OSX.
  5. Run Disk Utility, select the Macintosh then choose the partitions tab.
  6. The BOOTCAMP partition should be at the bottom. Select this partition by clicking on it. Ensure it is the highlighted partition then press minus to remove it.
  7. Click apply on the bottom right to make the changes.
  8. Now press plus to add a new partition which will likely be names Macintosh HD2
  9. Select this new partition then you can define the settings on the right.
  10. Rename this to BOOTCAMP.
  11. Change the type to ExFAT.
  12. Now click apply on the again to make the changes.
  13. Reboot you Mac, press option again during the boot and this time select the Windows device with the USB logo on it. Its orange.
  14. Now it will start the install process. When it gets to the list of partition you should see four of them. You want the last one. It will say it cannot install on this.
  15. Make sure the fourth partition is selected then click format. When it is done the error message should be gone and you should be able to continue.
  16. During install it will suggest turning on auto updates. I recommend you turn this off until the bootcamp drivers are installed. When it is finished prepping the install it will reboot.
  17. Each time it reboots you will need to intervene by pressing option but from now on select the Windows device with the picture of the hard drive. It is a silver color
  18. It will reboot two or three times during the install. Each time you will need press option during boot to reselect the Windows device on the hard drive.
  19. At the end of the installation it will prompt you to install the Apple Bootcamp Drivers.

Unfortunately at the end of the installation nothing prompts me to install Apple Bootcamp Drivers.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 7:01 AM

There are no replies.

Bootcamp Assistant won't restart my MBPR late 2013 into Windows 8 installer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.