Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to trim a mp3 song using garageband 2014 updated

like what you see guys

my question is how to cut mp3 song using garageband ... i used to trim my song in garageband but that was before the update

i was able to open garageband without the tunes or > piano > or guitar mixes .. but now i can't edit any song without put with it such a piano or guitar or etc etc ..

so how i can trim a song on macbook pro in garageband or in a similar way like digital way absolutely such garageband

thx all

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 2:56 PM

In GarageBand's new "Open" panel select the "Empty Project" panel:

User uploaded file

Then pick an Audio Track from the next panel, use the Vocal track.

User uploaded file

Now drag your audio File to the track area onto the audio track .

User uploaded file

Trim the region and share the song.

Good Luck.

Léonie

9 replies

Feb 2, 2014 4:18 AM in response to Bassel Kilo

i hear the mix with the song ! ...

If you start with an empty project and a basic Audio Track, there should not be much mixing, but change the patch of the track to "Basic Track" (search for the patch by typing "Basic" into the search field of the library, or open the Smart Controls and reset all effects like this:

User uploaded file

If changing the patch does not work, create a new Basic track and delete the default track.

Or simply drag the audio file into the Track area (below the track heads), that will also create a new basic audio track with all effects disabled. Then delete the track tha has been created from the "empty Projects" template.

Feb 2, 2014 7:47 AM in response to Bassel Kilo

Dragging directly from the Finder is working for me, but GarageBand is very unresponsive and it will take several seconds for the dropped song to appear in the track area (at least, currently in Mavericks, when importing audio files).

User uploaded file

If dragging from the Finder does not work, drag from the Audio tab of the Media Browser.

User uploaded file

Feb 3, 2014 5:31 PM in response to léonie

Man .. just watch what they show me when i want to move step by step

in the first i open it like that ... follow me >

User uploaded file

1-I choose empty project

User uploaded file

2- I choose voice project

User uploaded file

3- Then it becomes like that !! .. and there is one track there like what you see >> and if i delete it .. they close all the garageband and they let me return to the first all over again and chose voice project again

User uploaded file

4- then if i want to open a song from open >> look what they show me ((( unselected songs ))) because it's not supported

User uploaded file

And even if i drag it from the finder .. it's okay .. they drop it in the area >> but i can't save it as mp3 because it's not supported file from the first !!

so please help me now !

How to trim a mp3 song using garageband 2014 updated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.