Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not able to open yahoo messenger in Mavericks

Hi,

For some reason i can not open yahoo messenger in Mavericks. I tried deleting the old one and re-installing it again. It just does not open. ( error message - "you were disconnected from the server"). But internet working fine.

Does smbd know how can i fix the problem?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 7:53 AM

You can use your Yahoo Messenger account with Messages (part of OS X) which DOES work with Mavericks.

User uploaded file

No need for a 3rd party app.

4 replies

Jul 3, 2015 4:06 PM in response to C F McBlob

This isn't reliable. Every few minutes I'll send a message that the person on the other end doesn't receive and vice versa. Also sometimes I notice it says "signed into yahoo messenger" as if I just signed in. Sometimes I even get signed out without any notice. The only reason I realize is because I look at the indicator light which has turned red as says "logged out." It even lets you continue to type and send messages as if you're logged in without notifying you that you've been signed out.

if anyone can offer a better solution it'd be much appreciated. Primarily I need to be able to send "buzz" notifications to get someones attention ( i know this is an option on the iPhone version, but I'm not about to shake my phone and hold entire convos on my phone when working).

not able to open yahoo messenger in Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.