Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i tried to export a file with new pages to pdf and the the content of tables with subscripts and superscripts doesn't appear

i tried to export a file with new pages to pdf and the the content of tables with subscripts and superscripts doesn't appear

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 3:59 PM

I'm experiencing the same problem. Sub/superscripts won't print. Look great on the screen though.

10 replies

Jun 5, 2014 12:14 AM in response to crh14

Similar issues as well, one solution is to export the file to Pages 09 (v 4.3). It will then print fine with all the text and symbols within the table showing up fine. This is very aggravaging and I have seen several related posts. All report that within a table, subscrpts, arrows, exponents etc do not print or export to PDF. Outside a table printing is also fine.

Assuming you still have Pages 09, use the File>Export option. Or just work in Pages 09.

I cannot find anyway to make Pages 5.2 do this correctly, no matter how I adjust all the table settings, such wrapping, ligatures, data type (text vs custom, vs scientific etc)

I reporte this a a bug to Apple.

Oct 8, 2014 7:09 AM in response to theosk13

Pages v5.2.2 does not support export of exponent expressions in Tables. It is a bug, has not been resolved for months. Judging by Apple's update record with Pages v5, and that they are not transparent with us on future Pages updates, or expected revisions — use another word processing, or spreadsheet tool.

Either Pages ’09 v4.3, or Numbers ’09 v2.3, which may have been moved to /Applications/iWork '09, or Office for Mac 2011, or the free LibreOffice.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.