Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I burned a DVD of a movie I bought in iTunes but it will not play on another computer

I burned a few DVDs of some movies I purchased on iTunes....they play fine on my imac with iTunes, Quicktime or any other player but will not play at all on my friend's various PCs. Help? What did I do wrong. The friend said their computer asked for my "address"? They were reluctant to do that...What did I do wrong?...or are movies bought on iTunes copy protected??

iMac (20-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.4GHz IntelCore2Duo4GB800MHzDDR2SD

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 10:59 AM

3 replies

Feb 1, 2014 11:28 AM in response to spinnikin

Thanks for getting back. I have the movies downloaded to my computer. I went to 'Get Info' and now I do see that they are Copy Protected. I was able to copy them to a DVD as I said. And to make sure I wasn't watching the original when I put the DVDs back in my computer for testing, I closed iTunes and used Qucktime to view them...and it worked. When I was burning them I got no warning that they were copy protected and went through the near hour it took to copy each one and it said I would be able to play it on 'any Apple or Windows computer..but not on a DVD player' and that was why I lent them to a friend to watch. But I guess if they are copy protected that was surely in vain. I wish I had gotten prompts telling me that, instead of wasting 5 DVDs and several hours..not to mention getting them to my friend and getting her all excited to see the films. Oh well...she will have to come over here to watch them. Thanks.

I burned a DVD of a movie I bought in iTunes but it will not play on another computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.