Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

storage on my iPad 2

I can't update my storage capacity on my iPad 2. I've purchased more storage through iCloud...isn't that the way?

iPad, iOS 5

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 1:40 PM

Your iPad has a physical amount of storage, just like your purse.

When you purchase iCloud storage, you are buying "backup" in the cloud beyond the limited 5GB that Apple gives for free.

Your device still has the 16GB or 32GB inside it that it always had, and always will have.

If your iPad is full, transfer photos and video to the computer, delete unused Apps, delete data from Apps seldom used.

How to delete App data:

go to Settings

iCloud

Backup and storage

Manage storage

Show all Apps.

Turn the switch OFF for any app data you don't need to save. Photos, video and Map data are the largest files.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2014 1:40 PM in response to tammyfromscottsdale

Your iPad has a physical amount of storage, just like your purse.

When you purchase iCloud storage, you are buying "backup" in the cloud beyond the limited 5GB that Apple gives for free.

Your device still has the 16GB or 32GB inside it that it always had, and always will have.

If your iPad is full, transfer photos and video to the computer, delete unused Apps, delete data from Apps seldom used.

How to delete App data:

go to Settings

iCloud

Backup and storage

Manage storage

Show all Apps.

Turn the switch OFF for any app data you don't need to save. Photos, video and Map data are the largest files.

storage on my iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.