Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 17 cannot boot into Mac OS anymore after making partition on windows

My Mac is a Macbook Pro 17", I got it from my friend (no original disc).

So after upgrading it to Mavericks (I was unable to install Windows using Boot camp of 10.6.8), Boot Camp successfully let me install Windows 7 Professional (x64).

The problem is that, I shrink the Boot Camp partition, and create another NTFS partition (so I can store data in the second partition as I usually do when using Windows). Now, I cannot boot into Mac OS anymore. Holding Command + Option + R does nothing, holding Option while startup shows a hard drive named Windows (instead of Mac HD). And no Recovery HD too

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 2:27 PM

1 reply

Macbook Pro 17 cannot boot into Mac OS anymore after making partition on windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.