Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor 4.1 - I'm having trouble creating an MPEG 2 file w/dolby sound. Regardless of the duration settings I select, compressor spits out a 50 minute file with my 10 minute project and 40 minutes of black tacked on the end. Any suggestions?

My original file is an Apple Pro Res 422 .mov with a 10:55 duration at 23.976fps. I don't have any issues converting this file to any other format - just to the MPEG 2. I'm not trying to alter the frame rate: I just want to compress to the two separate files: a Blu-Ray stream MPEG-2 with a bitrate of 30mbs and a Dolby Digital .ac3

No matter what I try I always seem to get a roughly 50 minute file (although this duration varies by 4-6 minutes which is confusing) which contains my original video without any problems, and then is filled with a black screen for the remaining time.

I've never had this issue with previous versions of Compressor - if anyone has any suggestions I'll gladly give them a try!

Thanks

Compressor, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 2:27 PM

There are no replies.

Compressor 4.1 - I'm having trouble creating an MPEG 2 file w/dolby sound. Regardless of the duration settings I select, compressor spits out a 50 minute file with my 10 minute project and 40 minutes of black tacked on the end. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.