Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do I connect my airport express to my modem via the WAN port and then connect to my imac via ethernet cable?

Do I connect my airport express to my modem via the WAN port and then connect from airport express to my imac with ethernet cable? Is that how you "hard wire" the connection? Because when I do that, I still can't get online. Thanks.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 3:17 PM

1 reply

Feb 1, 2014 3:22 PM in response to Jrc14

What is the make & model of your modem?

You pretty much stated the correct wiring. There should be an Ethernet cable connected between the modem and the WAN (circle of dots) port on the AirPort Express base station.

Anytime you change networking hardware it is always a good idea to perform a complete power recycle of that hardware. Check out the following AirPort User Tip for details. Please post back your results.

do I connect my airport express to my modem via the WAN port and then connect to my imac via ethernet cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.