Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing files from iTunes

Hi all,

If I have a track of my original music in iTunes and I want to use it as a basic track in GB on my iPad Air, how do I get it into GB?

Thanks,

Andy

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 5:01 PM

1 reply

Feb 1, 2014 5:12 PM in response to dulcimer

Sync the track from your iTunes library to the Music.app on your iPad. GarageBand on the iPad can access the songs in the Music.app from the Loop Browser and add them to a track.

See: Import a song from the Music app http://help.apple.com/garageband/iphone/1.4/index.html#chsb3f15dc4

-- Léonie

Import a song from the Music app

You can import songs from the Music app on your device into Tracks view. You can import a song to an existing Audio Recorder or Guitar Amp track, or have GarageBand create a new Audio Recorder track for the song.

Songs imported from the Music app do not follow tempo changes you make in GarageBand.

HideImport a song from the Music app:

• To import the entire song, set the current song section to Automatic; otherwise, only the portion of the song that fits the current song section is imported.
  • Tap the View button User uploaded file to open Tracks view.
  • Tap the Loop Browser button User uploaded file in the control bar, then tap Music.
  • You can search for songs by name, or browse by album, artist, genre, or playlist.
  • To preview a song, tap it in the list. You can control the preview volume with the slider at the bottom of the list.
  • Drag a song left or right to show Tracks view. Align the left edge of the song with the bar or beat on the ruler where you want it to start playing.

After importing the song, you can make the song section longer, then resize the imported region so that more of the song plays.

importing files from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.