Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove a broken item from startup?

When I upgraded to Maverick, it said my TrendMicro was no longer compatible and to upgrade. However, it was expired so I ignored the message. I recently renewed my subscription and downloaded a new version. BUT when I went to install it, I received a error message saying it could not install with the previous version still installed. I moved the application to the Trash to install it and deleted the trash (thinking this would unistal). Unfortunately, now the icon is still stuck up in my startup.

I have tried going in through preferences>user>login items and it will not let me unselect it! I have even tried deleting the files using the /library/launchagents and deleting the login files. However, once I restart my computer they are STILL there and so is the icon at the top!!!!!! I even tried starting my computer up in safemode with no success.

What do I need to do???? It will NOT GO AWAY! and I need it to so I can install my new antivirus!

Thanks for the help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 5:15 PM

3 replies

Feb 1, 2014 5:42 PM in response to BobRz

Oh yes there are viruses for Macs! My nephews just crashed last week and when we took it to an Apple store it was ate up. That is what prompted me to purchase it again.

Also, I mentioned earlier that I had uninstalled the program, but for some reason it is still saying it is installed. Since I uninstalled it, there is no way to use the "unistall" device that was with the application because I no longer have access to it. Thanks

Remove a broken item from startup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.